I feel the first semester went well, I learnt a lot and was welcomed to my new learning environment with care and attention from staff.
Strengths of the first semester-
- Got on well with staff and students.
- Classes where frequent and informative.
- All the basics of photography were covered and I responded to this well.
- I learnt a lot about digital camera setup.
- I learnt a lot about working in the studio.
- Slowly became comfortable with woking in the studio.
- Experimented with different styles of photography.
Weaknesses of the first semester-
- Had several days off due to work so I missed some key lectures.
- Struggled with terminology, and became confused.
- Was hesitant to use the dark room and shied away from experimenting in there.
- Didn’t speak much to other students.
- Lack of equipment and shyness to ask to use University equipment.
Improve for the next semester:
- Fit work around college hours better.
- Ask tutors if struggling in any area.
- Explore the darkroom.
- Engage more with other students.
- Aquire equipment by either buying or borrowing from University.
Evidence of timetables shown below: